Once your disability application was complete and in the hands of Social Security, how long did you wait before you received a response? Was the initial response to your disability application favorable or unfavorable?
Did you complete your initial disability application yourself or did you hire a lawyer? Were you prepared for a second or third try, if your initial disability application was denied? Share Your Experience.Share Your Experience
- My grandmother is the payee of my ssi check it was a small amount, now that I turned 18 what will happen
- —Guest Morris
Denied, Denied, Denied, Denied, APPROVED
- My disabilities vary from Fibromyalgia, neuropathy, myopathy, depression, severe panic attacks, severe anxiety, from a car accident I have a vertebra that is pressing on my spinal cord that is so painful, headaches, pain down my neck, shoulders, back. Hired and fired my first Attorney. 2 denials and going before a judge via skype and having a teleconference with a employment specialist that said I could do Bookkeeping. Never done it, wasn't trained in it. New Attorney had me file a new claim while he took my original claim to Federal Court on a civil lawsuit against the SSD . Was denied the refile, appealed and won. Still in Federal Court about the lack of backpay due to med. records don't support me 4 yrs. 20 yrs lived with it. Still waiting to hear from Fed. Judge.
- —Guest Rebecca
- I just recently received an "Partial-Favorable" decision. Does anyone know what that means?
- —Guest James
Waiting on decision
- Very good article! We have a lawyer and are waiting for the second tier decision. There are so many people that work all their life and pay for this insurance. When it comes time to use it, which means you are already having problems, you have to stand on your head and shake out your pockets or give up a % to get the award. Somehow it just doesn't seem right. It's very scary.
- —Guest Sallie
Denied because I own a home
- I applied for disability in Los Angeles, CA. I worked all my life and because I have a home with a Mortgage on it, and a couple cars they denied me. I have no idea what to do now because of my age (59) no one will hire me, they want young people, been trying to find work for 3 and a half years now. When I get called for a job interview I'm told you have a lot of Qualifications how come you have not been hired yet? After the interview they never call me back. The last job I was let go cause of my age. They hired a younger guy and I trained him. I had assume he was to work with me. Then 2 months later I was terminated after working there for 5 years. I have diabetes and a heart condition. Yet I see others on disability and own homes. Unless the rules changed I do not understand?
- —Guest Louis Delgado
RN with Arthritis
- I have a hard time also getting employed in the health care field. So I am starting my own care management business. I am brilliant and have been a RN for 36 years and have the respect of many doctors because of my skills and knowledge. I am discriminated against all the time because I walk funny. As I go on with success in my Business, I will send them my brochures and let them know that I can succeed on my own.
- —Guest Dee
- I have been to doctors at Mayo clinic in Rochestor MN and the doctors in my home town and the story is the same they tell me that both shoulders need to be replaced. I take the drugs they prescribe me but as of late the pain at nite doesn't let me sleep and have had to make up excuses for missing work. I have been a laborer most of my life my management skills are pretty limited and currently where I work there just is not a position for me to take. I am a building maintenance worker and have done this kind of work for the last 9 night years and before that I worked in the construction field not sure what to do.
- —Guest Lem222
Denied at first
- I went through the long haul. It took an exact thirteen months before I got a favorable decision.
- —Guest jason
- My case was and still is serious but for some reason I never got any info back on why I was denied or able to reapply. Still till this day I'm going through ongoing pain all through my back and shoulders also a burning in upper back daily and my shoulder straps are very painful.
- —Guest BRENDA
- I HAVE OSTEOARTHRITIS. BEEN OFF WORK 2YRS AND HAVE BEEN DENIED 2 TIMES. WORKED 28YRS VERY DISAPPOINTED CAUSE I CAN'T WORK STAY UP ALL NITE WITH PAIN. SAD PART I CAN'T TAKE MEDS CAUSE I HAVE HIGH BLOOD-ANXIETY-ANEMIA-DEPRESSION AND TAKE MEDS FOR THIS SO I CAN'T HAVE MEDS FOR ARTHRITIS SO WHAT AM I TO DO?
- —Guest BRENDA
- I applied for disability and it took me 3 months. No problems. Went very smooth.
- —Guest jackie schell
- I was refused D L A yesterday. I waited 8 weeks. The letter I received ignored how I suffer.
- —Guest danica price
- I have RA for over 2 yrs and have been home for over 7 months now. I want to work, but feel I won't be able to keep a job, I get tired very easily and hurt all over just doing light housework. Help! I don't know whether to apply for disability or try to work. My mind is fine, just my body can't/won't keep up.
- —Guest Hello
- Hi I suffer with herniated neck for 10 years which has caused many many problems for me. I suffer chronic pain all day every day, I have in the last year sprained two of my ankels and broke one due to this condition, yet the review people think there's nothing wrong with me. I take all kinds of tablets for the pain, how am I supposed to do any kind of work, when most mornings I dont and can't get out of my bed with pain. I will just keep appealing for my rights. I read alot on here about arthritis. I know I suffer as much as the next person does, but the medical people seem to think its a joke. This is what happens when the medical profession get taken for granted, the people who are suffering get taken for granted. Worked hard all my life, what for to get no help off the goverment, just doesn't add up, the same happend to my mother, she suffered strokes for ten years, they awarded her 18 months before she died. When ur ill you need that little extra financial help to help with your needs.
- —Guest deborah
- Can a person that is recieving social security disability, that has brain injury join a volunteer fire dept, and risk further injury? Who assumes this liability?
- —Guest buck
Refused disability for fibromyalgia
- I have suffered fibromyalgia and IBS for seven years and I only get E.S.A. My daughter takes care of me and she doesn't get anything either. I'm in chronic pain every day and it would be nice to get more help.
- —Guest Sharon Parnell
- Thanks for the interesting article. I hear that new programs have come into play to benefit the disabled; however with so many different policy options it's hard to know which is best. I've been doing some research and this article was helpful as well: http://bit.ly/DisabilityInsurance. Hopefully this will help other readers as well.