Many people with arthritis suffer with fatigue and malaise, too. There are treatment approaches that help manage the disease -- but no cure. Unless you are in remission, you face feeling sick and tired more often than you would like. It gets old doesn't it? Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired? Is there anything you do that helps you overcome feeling sick and tired all the time? Share Your Feelings
Exhausted all the time
- Glad to have found this site so I now don't feel so alone. I have something called systemic osteoarthritis and also have had chronic kidney disease since I was 10 yrs old. I hurt constantly now my knees, feet and back. I recently started a P/T job where I am standing 6 hrs a day and I don't think I can handle it anymore. It is only two days a wk and it takes me days to recoup to a point I can walk again. I can't do much for the pain because of my kidneys. I do take Ultram and have for many years but I want to go off of them because I know it is not doing my kidneys any good. For years no one could believe I was in pain because I always kept pushing and never stayed still. My Dr. years ago could not even get over I could even walk by the looks of my x-rays and he said he couldn't believe how I hardly complained when I would go in to see him. It is now getting so hard and I feel so boring and bad when I now complain to friends almost everyday.
- —Guest janet
The Little Engine That Could
- I have had lupus since I was seven. I'm now 35 years young. I now have avascular nucrosis, arthritis, regular osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. Through the years I have struggled. My mom /doctors were always straight forward with me. However, I did not realize how it would affect my life. I have learned I can still continue my dreams, but I have to use mapquest to get there. The longer part bothers me. Laying down in the middle of the day or not wanting to go somewhere bothers me, because that's not me and they don't understand. I have had lupus sense I was seven, so who am I really. I missed out on so much, now I see that in the children growing up today.. In my 35 years I have had 32 surgeries, not including "small office procedures," and God was right there everytime. 10/12, I had my left ankle fused. I had pyhsical therapy today & my joints are killing me. I am praying that my AV has not attacked other joints, before I can heal from this surgery. Signed depleted
- —Guest Renee'
- I have fibromyalgia, diabetes, osteoarthritis. I feel very tired. I just want to lay down all the time. Chores around the house are difficult.
- —Guest mary munsinger
Must push myself
- I'm new here and don't feel alone anymore. I have osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, acid reflux, fatty liver @ trouble sleeping. My rheumatologist has prescribed different meds but my stomach can't tolerate them nor do I like the way they make me feel so tired. I just started Celebrex yesterday. I'll have to see how this one makes me feel. I also take amitriptyline for depression, anxiety @ to help me sleep, lisinopril for blood pressure @ have switched from prescribed med to prilosec for the acid. I don't take meds for diabetes. I'm going for bloodwork on friday for A1c @ Arthritis inflammation. I have to push myself everyday to do everything. I try to exercise 3-5 days a week but it's a struggle. It takes me longer to do things now. I use to be strong and active. Now when I do anything I'm in so much pain after. If I sit for a little while or if I stand for too long I'm in pain. I do find that warming my body by slow exercise and stretching does help.
- I am trying :) Chronic pain is a dance, one which changes all the time. I stay appreciative every single day. I am very tired today, coming out of a week long flare. I am emotional today and feel very alone with my symptoms. Thought this may be a way to release some of it. I use to be Super Mom and now I am 'be gentle to mom', hard to accept. I work part-time and hope to hang onto that as long as I can. I know so many have it worse than I do yet I need to show compassion to myself. Hugs to everyone with chronic pain and or autoimmune diseases. I also want to shout out to "Fibromyalgia' for making all the other things more muddy because of cross over symptoms...rrrrrrr! Love & Grace
- —Guest Love Grace
Sick and tired of being sick and tired
- I have RA in both feet, hands, neck, knees and spine along with OA in right hip and unresponsive to NSAIDS. I am in my forties and was diagnosed 7 yrs ago. Before this disease ripped my life from me I ran 6 days a week for almost 10 yrs and lifted weights since I was 15. Now it is a daily struggle just to walk my dog, some days I do with the help of pain meds and some days the pain is not manageable even with pain meds. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THE ISOLATION. Why do some lose friends when we become ill? I guess bc we can no longer drop everything and be the life of the party. Crappy day today :(
- —Guest Sandra
Loss of love for life
- Been paralyzed 24 yrs. the last 15 been hard, but now it's hell so much pain, sick of doing rx drugs. with all these comments one would think there was a Caring God. Sick of the church trying to explain when all they do is quit. Deal with it, or end it.
- —Guest para t7
Tired and young
- Im 16 years old, I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis when I was 15. I have psoriasis on my elbows and knees. I'm currently in year 11 and I'm so tired all the time. My arthritis has caused so much pain for me, I had a lot of absences from school and it brought on anxiety, forcing me to do distance education. It's bad that I have arthritis at this age, right while I'm creating my future and doing VCE. I'm am so sick and tired.
Tired all the time
- I understand how everyone else is feeling. I work in home health and now feel what our clients feel. Pain/tired all the time. I hope I can keep working as long as I can. 50 years old with RA diagnosed 6 years ago. Fingers/knee/bottom of feet. It's hard to look at the future with a positive attitude.
- —Guest Sherry
Sick and tired of being sick and tired
- I am new here and reading all the comments makes me feel less alone. I have severe osteoarthritis, hereditary hemochromatosis, autoimmune urticaria, fibromyalgia and multiple allergies. I am in pain nearly 24/7 and I am exhausted all the time. Just had my right knee replaced and need to have the left one done in the not too distant future. I am exhausted all the time and really miss being active. The isolation is a big problem for me, but most days it is hard to get moving and I don't feel like getting out due to pain and fatigue. However I maintain a positive attitude most of the time and I look for joy in all the little things which really helps. I hate the fact that I am 52 but I usually feel like I am 82! Having a sense of humor really helps though, so I try to laugh whenever I can. Thinking about trying laughter Yoga. Anyone out there tried it?
I don't want to be tired anymore.
- I have RA, ASTHMA, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, & DEPRESSION. I don't want to be sleepy or tired anymore. I just wish I was strong like I used to be. Its hard to deal with RA, cause I can't concentrate well like I used to. I have fatigue & less energy, it's so hard to keep up but I know I'm strong that's why I don't let the pain get me.
- —Guest BBK
Quality of life
- I'm so tired of my quality of life! I am a breast cancer survivor, 4 yrs now. my ovaries were removed and since then I have been dealing with pain that I cannot explain. I don't have the money to keep going to different doctors to figure out what is wrong, and not to mention the worry that cancer has come back! I have insurance, yet I can't afford to go.. my life is a shell of its formal self. I'm only 47 and I'm thankfull for all that I have been blessed with, I'm very frustrated that I cannot live life like I should, or want to. Where to go?????
- —Guest kelli sue palmer
This may help
- With fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis and hig blood pressure, I am coping extremely well, somedays almost no pain! Please try regular chiropractic treatment preferably torque release technique - not painful, very gentle treatment and my latest discovery is amazing! Watsu - water treatment google it! It helps tremendously!
Tired of being tired
- I have arthritis in both knees and my fingers are beginning to hurt. I have pain 24/7. I continue to do as much as I can but that is not easy. Some days I just want to lie down and give up but I can not do that. Hope and pray one day things will be better.
- —Guest B.Ann
- I've had Fibro since early 80's when no one believed in it. Was told I had an 85 yo spine at 55, back surgery, knee replacement, osteoarthritis, ank. spondy., facet joints compressing, on and on and the pain doesn't stop. I can't stand for any length of time or make it through a store without sitting on something when I can't go on. I limit pain medication because I don't want to be addicted. I pray a lot! I'm thankful for each new day and know there are ppl much worse off than me. So many ppl are sick with so many different diseases and I believe something is in the air, water, somewhere because so many are so young.
- —Guest Crickett