If you have multiple medications with various directions, it can be hard to keep straight unless you have something that serves as a pill reminder. Some people use a pill box. Others set an alarm. You can also write out a daily pill regimen. What do you use as a pill reminder? What works for you?What Works for You?
Terrible customer service
- Didn't work for us. Like another reviewer, my dad is hard of hearing and he couldn't hear the beep at all. It's totally the wrong frequency for older people. I ended up paying over $20 in shipping for a product I couldn't use (I sent it back). The customer service agent is simply awful. I wanted some of the shipping costs refunded. He kept promising he would 'check with the manager and call back' but he never did. After four phone calls I gave up.
- —Guest Laura
Med Q pillbox not for hard of hearing!
- The Med Q pillbox is a good idea, but YOU CANNOT HEAR THE ALARM if you are at all hard of hearing... And the company customer service is horrible.
- —Guest Karen Sf
Pillbox with alarm
- My grandma was forgetting and double dosing all the time. She needs a pillbox dispenser with an alarm or an alert that reminds her so she doesn't forget. I bought her a med-q Pillbox at life saving pill box.com. It is a pill dispenser designed for the elderly. It has built in alarms and alert set with an indivdual timer. It makes dispensing medication simple and error free. It is an automated pill dispenser that has been priceless for my Grandma.
- —Guest STEVELOVEIN
- I bought my Mom a MEDQ Pillbox. It is an "All-in-One" electronic organizer, dispenser and has two differ types of reminders. A flashing light on the individual box that needs to be taken and a escalating volume alarm. It makes it impossible for you to forget or double dose. Costs less than 50 dollars but has become priceless to me and my Mom for her health and my time.
- —Guest leedee
I found another pill organizer
- I love all the suggestions! There are so many pill boxes on the market, this has great reviews! Another one Med Ex Supply sells is the Wellness Travel Pak! Great for carrying in a carryon/Tote purse! Fourteen separate slide-lock bags make it easy to organize pills for an entire two weeks. Then, roll them inside the Wellness Travel Pack and slip the whole thing into your purse or carry-on — takes up about as much space as a pair of socks.
- —Guest Kathy
Monitored Medication Dispenser
- My mom uses a monitored medication dispenser from Med Home Alert if she forgets to take her medication a 24hr operator will reach her to remind her she has not taken her medication if she can't be reached they call me and send me a text. The service has been great I ordered online after the hospital told me about the service when my mom was discharged http://www.medhomealert.com
- Everytime I take a pill (7 a day) I enter it in my phone on my calendar. I can put time, how many taken, and date. And my phone is always with me so when I go to a new Dr I have a list of my meds and always know when it's time to take a pill.