- The Facts Of DMARDs
- Methotrexate For Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - Test Your Knowledge
Patients not taking their medication as prescribed due to either non-compliance or misunderstanding directions.
- How To Reduce The Risks Of Using Arthritis Medicines
- Arthritis Medications - Test Your Knowledge
- Arthritis Drugs: What Are My Options?
- Arthritis Medication & Drug Guide
Patients that resume normal activities less than 24 hours after a joint injection (e.g. knee injections) or using joint injections to increase their level of activity - the latter could theoretically accelerate the progression of joint damage.
- When Are Steroid Injections Indicated As A Treatment For Arthritis?
- What You Need to Know About Steroid Injections
- What Is Viscosupplementation?
- Synvisc Injections May Delay Knee Surgery
Patients not seeking a second opinion when they have doubts or questions about their medical treatment or are not satisfied with their care.
- The Right Doctor For You
- Should You Change Doctors?
- How Would You Rate Your Doctor?
- Patient Education - Can You Know Too Much?
- The Patient-Physician Encounter
- How To Choose The Right Doctor
Underestimating the importance of good sleep.
Underestimating the importance of regular aerobic exercise.
- Exercise: Essential Treatment For Arthritis
- How To Exercise When You Have Arthritis
- Arthritis And Exercise Quiz
- How Often Do You Need A Physical Exam?
- Self-Examination Of The Breast
- What You Need To Know About Pap Smears
- An In-Depth Report: Colonoscopy
Patients continuing to smoke.
- What You Need To Know About Smoking And Arthritis
- Smoking Puffs Up Risk Of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Smoking Doubles Risk Of Severe Arthritis
- How Smoking Affects Osteoporosis
Patients not taking a multivitamin.
- Nutrition And Arthritis: The Role Of Vitamins And Other Nutrients
- An In-Depth Report: Vitamins And Other Nutrients
- What You Need To Know About Dietary Supplements
Trying to fit too much into one day (overdoing it), in other words, patients not paying attention to their mental health.
- The Effect Of Stress On Arthritis
- The Emotions Of Chronic Arthritis
- When Does Sadness And Frustration Cross Over Into Depression?
Dr. Zashin is clinical assistant professor at University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and an attending physician at Presbyterian Hospitals of Dallas and Plano. Dr. Zashin is author of Arthritis Without Pain - The Miracle Of TNF Blockers. The book is useful for anyone on one of the biologic drugs or considering the biologic drugs.