NCCAM Contact Information:
Toll-free in the U.S.: 1-888-644-6226
TTY (for deaf or hard-of-hearing callers): 1-866-464-3615
NCCAM Web site: nccam.nih.gov
Address: NCCAM Clearinghouse, P.O. Box 7923, Gaithersburg, MD 20898-7923
Fax-on-Demand service: 1-888-644-6226
NCCAM Who Are They?:
NCCAM What They Do?:
NCCAM's Four Primary Areas of Focus Are:
- Research training and career development.
NCCAM How They Operate?:
- NCCAM was established by Congress in 1998.
- NCCAM receives its funding from Congress.
- NCCAM is organized into two divisions and eight offices.
- NCCAM uses a multi-level peer-review process for grant applications received.
- NCCAM receives advice and recommendations from the National Advisory Council for Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
- NCCAM also receives advice and recommendations from Federal representatives that serve on the Transagency CAM Coordinating Committee.
NCCAM Resources For More Information:
- The NCCAM Web site (nccam.nih.gov) includes publications, information for researchers, frequently asked questions, and links to other CAM-related resources.
- Databases located on the NCCAM Web site include: CAM on PubMed, a subset of the National Library of Medicine's PubMed, which provides access to complementary and alternative medicine journal citations; and CHID (the Combined Health Information Database), a reference tool to find patient education materials.
- The NCCAM Clearinghouse is the public point of contact for scientifically based information on CAM and for information about NCCAM.
Source: NCCAM Publication No. D158, June 2002