You can get in your car and drive to your local support group meeting, or just put on your PJ's and sign on your computer.
Time Required: N/A
- Sign on to the Internet.
- Go to our Arthritis Forum / Message Board.
- Be willing to share your experiences.
- Be open and honest with your communication.
- Be a good listener.
- Be polite and use proper netiquette.
- Do not use caps since it indicates YOU ARE SHOUTING.
- Use emoticons, such as symbols for smiling or frowning, as indicators of the emotion that you are trying to convey.
- Be guarded with personal information which should remain private.
- Participate on a regular basis.
- Welcome all new members.
- As a new participant, be patient. Observe how the forum / message board is run and give others the opportunity to interact with you.
- Be flexible and go with the flow of conversation. If you don't receive an immediate reply, don't assume the worst. You're not being ignored - try again.
- Be open to new friendships.
- Since you can preserve your anonymity, don't be fearful of participating.
- Think before typing.