Researchers suggested the effect of seasonal onset early on may be due to environmental factors such as winter viruses or vitamin D deficiency that influence "protein citrullination". Anti-citrullinated protein antibodies are often detected in the immune systems of rheumatoid arthritis patients.
Makes you stop and think back to when your own symptoms first appeared. In my case -- it was September -- so kind of end of summer, going into autumn. My symptoms were quite severe. So, I'm not fitting into these findings perfectly. It will be interesting to hear when your symptoms first started and how severe your intial symptoms were, as well as the evidence of joint damage on x-rays. Go to our forum and share your story.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Screening Quiz
- Test Your Knowledge - Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - 10 Things You Should Know
- Signs and Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Early Treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis Recommended
Share Your Experience:
Photo by Rhienna Cutler (iStockphoto)