Not only do parents with arthritis worry -- kids worry too as they grow older and hear about arthritis or as they watch their parents live with physical challenges. Is there a way to predict if your kids will get arthritis too -- a way to predict or possibly prevent arthritis?
Certain risk factors increase the chance of developing arthritis. Genetics and family history are among the risk factors. We asked rheumatologist Scott J. Zashin, MD, how useful it would be to obtain lab work on the children of adults with arthritis. Dr. Zashin's answer to the question -- Should Your Children Be Tested for Arthritis? -- may allow parents to relax a little bit.
- Arthritis Risk Factor Quiz
- Blood Tests for Evaluating Arthritis
- HLA-B27 & HLA-DR4: Arthritis and the Genetic Factor
- How to Best Raise Children When You Have Arthritis
- Does My Child Have Arthritis? - Juvenile Arthritis Screening Quiz
Share Your Advice and Experiences:
Photo by Sheryl Griffin (iStockphoto)