Psoriatic arthritis is a type of arthritis associated with psoriasis. In 85 percent of patients with psoriatic arthritis, symptoms of psoriasis precede arthritis symptoms. Arthritis develops before psoriasis in up to 15 percent of patients. The concern about increased heart attack risk is focused on severe psoriasis, which is relatively uncommon. The risk associated with mild psoriasis was considered minor by researchers.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Screening Quiz
- Fast Facts About Psoriatic Arthritis
- Primary Symptoms of Psoriatic Arthritis
- Test Your Knowledge: Psoriatic Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis - What's the Difference?
Photo © ADAM