- 10 Ways to Protect Your Joints
- What are Repetitive Stress Injuries?
- 10 Things to Do if You Have a Repetitive Stress Injury
According to the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), BlackBerry Thumb isn't limited to business people. However, a predominance of PDA users are middle-aged business people and many have arthritis which can be aggravated by BlackBerry Thumb. It's important not to ignore symptoms. See your doctor if symptoms persist. Treatment for BlackBerry Thumb may include a physical therapy consultation, icing, splinting, or a steroid injection. Severe cases may require surgery to remove scar tissue which can thicken the tendons. The APTA offers these Physical Therapist Tips for Handheld Users.
More Related Resources:
- More About Thumb Pain
- How to Protect Your Joints
- Do You Use Joint Protection Techniques?
- What Actions Help Preserve Manual Dexterity?
Photo by Pichunter (stockxpert)